Do you still feel cold at night, even under layers of bedding, blankets or comforters? Then, maybe you should consider a heated mattress pad to keep you warm. However, with the many related products available in the market now, it is difficult to choose. That is why we have rounded up 4 highly rated heated mattress pad covers for you to compare and make your decision. Find out about their features, pros, and cons in the reviews below.
How to choose the best heated mattress pad
Here are the features to consider when buying the best heated mattress pad that fits your specific needs.
- Comfort—A 100% cotton cover is a great recommendation for a comfortable heated mattress pad. This is because it draws off the moisture away. A thick fill is much desired because it offers extra support and cushioning. A well-hidden wire is also preferred so that you won’t feel it as you sleep.
- Durability—A high quality heated mattress pad should be durable. You can tell if a product can last for a long time if it offers a long warranty. A high thread count usually determines the durability of a mattress pad’s fabric.
- Safety—One of the fears of consumers about heated mattress pads is their safety. Look for units with great safe features so that you’ll be protected when using it. An auto-off function is a good safety feature that you should consider. As much as possible, don’t trade off safety features for price because you might regret it at the end.
- Price—If you’re price sensitive, looking for the cheapest heated mattress pad is your prerogative, but never settle for the least quality product. As much as possible, look for a product that has the most reasonable price. Never compromise quality for a cheap price.
- Heat levels—A nice heated mattress pad should have an adequate number of heat levels. This allows you to choose the right level of heat to warm you on cold nights. A higher number of heat levels means more options to choose for heat comfort.
This Sunbeam Quilted heated mattress pad is constructed of 100% polyester, 145 thread count, and 5-ounce fill. It comes with an EasySet Pro Controller which features 10 heat settings and 10-hour auto-off function. It is built with ThermoFine technology which senses and conforms to offer consistent warmth while sleeping. You can wash this in a machine washer and dryer.
- Great 10-hour auto-off function for safety
- Offers gentle heat therapy
- 5-year limited warranty
- Wide range of heat settings
- Heats evenly through its Thermofine technology
- Heats quickly through its pre-heat cycle
- You can feel the power plug on your toes
- The dials are too tight and hard to change settings
- Intermittent heat interruptions
- Easily breaks after a few months
The Soft Heat mattress pad is made with an ultra-soft micro-velour fabric top. It uses low voltage technology that is safer than other brands on the market now. The wires are also kept hidden inside the pad, making them nearly impossible to feel. It is also built with an over-temperature protection feature for safety. It automatically shuts-off after 10 hours. Best of all, it has a dual zone feature that provides different settings in one bed.
- Has safety features, like auto shut-off, over-temperature protection, and low voltage technology
- Super soft and comfortable
- Great thermostat ranges with 11 heat settings
- Can offer two different heat settings for two persons in one bed
- Undetectable wires through padding
- Even heat distribution
- Controllers tend to fail easily
- Noisy converters
- Seems to have a short life span
- Not durable after washing because of some rip instances
- A few reports of fire hazards, like brown wires and burned-up transformer cables
The Serta mattress pad is similar to Soft Heat mattress pad in terms of dual controls, soft micro-plush fabric construction, and undetected ultra-thin wire placement through the padding. It also has built-in over-temperature protection for safety. It uses a low voltage technology for safety purposes. This unit shuts itself off after 10 hours of use. It is constructed with a 250-thread count cotton exterior for super softness.
- Soft, plushy, and plump
- Good warming quality
- Custom fit for two persons in one bed
- Easy to use
- Wires are not bulky
- One fire hazard reports about a hot connector
- One side of the bed has a shorter life span
- Doesn’t warm the feet
The Sunbeam All Season heated mattress pad is made of 100% quilted cotton top and 250-thread count. It has 2 heating digital controllers for 2 heating zones. Just like the Sunbeam Quilted Polyester, it has a 10-hour auto-off control and 10 heat settings. It is also built with a ThermoFine Warming System which offers consistent warmth to users.
- 5-year limited warranty
- Comfortable and durable
- Wide range of heat settings
- Convenient preset features
- Toasty warm
- Good dual controls for customized settings
- Short-lived controllers
- One side tends to stop working in a few months
- Your feet will touch a plastic part that holds the cords connection
- A bit noisy
Although Sunbeam All Season Premium is more expensive than Sunbeam Quilted Polyester, it offers dual controls and a higher thread count. This means that it offers more durability and versatility. While the Sunbeam Quilted pad is made of polyester, the All Season Premium is made of cotton, which makes it more comfortable.
Among the 4 products reviewed, the Sunbeam All Season Premium is the best heated mattress pad because it has no reports of fire hazard instances, unlike the Serta and the Soft Heat. It also offers a 5-year warranty.